On the street, doing a burnout is an invitation for trouble with the law. But in front of our audience, burnouts are a reason to stand up and cheer. For the participants, we give them a reason to burn some rubber in front of a huge crowd, in a safe environment.
Burnout Box Participant Rules:
- All vehicles must be in good condition inside and out. No wrecked or missing body parts.
- If welding has been performed on chassis or suspension and shows any evidence of deterioration, vehicles will not be allowed to compete.
- No fluid leaks of any type are permitted.
- All nitrous bottles must be unhooked.
- All vehicles must be equipped with seat belts and they must be worn.
- All vehicles must be powered by gasoline or diesel fuel.
- No alcohol or drugs permitted. This policy will be strictly enforced and presence of alcohol or drugs will automatically disqualify the driver and vehicle from competition. Any participant who refuses to take a Breathalyzer test, or fails test, will be disqualified immediately by Tech Inspector.
- Participants must wear long pants and a sleeved shirt.
- Manual (Stick) Transmissions are Prohibited.
- Must be a licensed driver and at least 18 years of age to participate in contest.
- Stock chassis or tubbed vehicles are allowed.
- Superchargers are not allowed. (Exception is OEM or approved aftermarket supercharger or turbocharger).
- Brakes on each vehicle will be tested for pedal “feel”. A running brake test may be requested. All brake pedals must be covered with a non-skid surface. Line locks are recommended.
- Each vehicle must be equipped with 1 operative shock absorber for each sprung wheel. Shocks may be either hydraulic or friction type and in operative order. Vehicles may be lowered.
- Only D.O.T. approved tires are allowed. No retreads or studs allowed. Street tires must have at least 1/8” tread depth across the entire width of the tire. D.O.T street slicks are allowed, but wear indicators must be present and tires must be marked D.O.T. Tires must be free of all defects, cuts, and dry rot. Metal screw-in valve stems or valve stem retainers are recommended. Snap-on hubcaps must be removed.
- Bonnier Events reserves the right to refuse admittance to any vehicle that it feels is unsafe for any reason.
- The vehicle must have drive shaft loops if the bumper height is 25” or higher. Each drive shaft must have a minimum of 2 loops. If a vehicle has a shaft no longer than 24”, 1 loop, properly centered, will suffice. Drive shaft loops must be rigidly mounted to frame rails or to the floor on both sides of shaft. (Four Wheel Drive only).
- Drive to the front wheels must be disengaged. (Four Wheel Drive only).
- All vehicles must be in good condition inside and out. No wrecked or missing body parts. Vehicles must have street legal appearance, with fender wells.
- If welding has been performed on chassis or suspension and shows any evidence of deterioration, vehicle will not be allowed to compete.
- All vehicles must be powered only by gasoline or diesel fuel.
- Helmets are highly recommended.
- Must be a registered 4-Wheel Jamboree participant to enter.