MUD BOG CLASSES
Class 1- 35” AND UNDER D.O.T. TIRES (NO POWER ADDERS)
Class 2- 35.1” to 40” D.O.T. TIRES (NO POWER ADDERS)
Class 3- 40.1” to 54” D.O.T. TIRES (NO POWER ADDERS)
Class 4- PRO (Cut/Scoop/ Non D.O.T. Tires) Over 3500 lbs. Vehicles
Class 5- PRO UNLIMITED (Cut/Scoop/ Non D.O.T. Tires) Under 3500 lbs. Vehicles
Classes will be run in the following order-
Friday, July 8th: Classes 1 & 2
Saturday, July 9th: Class 3
Sunday, July 10th: Classes 4 & 5 (Class 5 to be ran first)
Payouts based on 10 entries per class. For every additional 10 entries the payout increases $100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd & $25 for 3rd.
CLASS 1: 1st $400, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
CLASS 2: 1st $400, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
CLASS 3: 1st $400, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
CLASS 4: 1st $700, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
CLASS 5: 1st $900, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
MUD BOG PIT
Each lane of the mud bog pit will roughly be 150ft long, 15ft wide and 2ft deep.
4 WHEEL JAMBOREE MUD BOG GENERAL RULES
1. Fire extinguisher required in all trucks.
2. Minimum of 2 throttle return springs.
3. All drivers who compete will wear a safety helmet and a seatbelt in all classes. Helmets must be worn from the pre-stage area until out of the pit.
4. Vehicles can run alcohol (methanol) however it must be declared. (Must be marked with a 3” “A” on the windshield)
5. Toolboxes, roll bars/cages and spare tires must be fastened down. No loose objects in the back of the vehicle or in the driver’s compartment. Truck beds must be free of trash, no loose objects.
6. All classes will have either a hard top or a roll bar. Hoods may be cut for the carburetor. Open/exposed motors must have a shroud to cover belts and fans.
7. ALL VEHICLES MUST HAVE A MINIMUM 3 POINT HARNESS.
8. Exhaust from the engine shall be directed up, down or back so as not to blow towards spectators.
9. All vehicles will be required to have an adequate hook-up for front and rear pullout. ¼” mounts with 3/8” bolts as a minimum. The tech team at the event will have final say in this matter. Absolutely no straps.
10. No track vehicles, chains, tires, or wheels with extensions added on for traction. Only factory dual wheels.
11. Tire diameter will be measured by declared D.O.T. size.
12. During a run if a vehicle runs out of bounds the run will be disqualified.
13. A drivers meeting will be held before the beginning of each event and all drivers must attend.
14. Any competitor found drinking alcoholic beverages or using drugs prior to or during competition will not be allowed to compete in the event with no refund.
15. NO alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the staging area by anyone.
16. Eye protection (i.e. face shield, goggles, safety glasses) will be required for drivers of vehicles without a full windshield.
17. All competitors must be at least 18 years of age.
18. All fuel lines, coolant lines, belts and hoses must be in good condition.
19. Kill switch must be marked and be able to kill the engine and fuel pump. Stock ignition will suffice.
20. Batteries must be mounted securely. No bungee straps, straps, ropes etc. permitted.
21. All vehicles must be teched-in and meet all tech rules pertaining to the class that the vehicle fits in.
22. All vehicles must have an adequate working brake system.
23. One tech inspection per class entry.
a. The tires that are mounted on the vehicle during tech are the tires you are to run in that class.
b. If you do not pass tech the first time you will be told what needs changed and can be re-teched before tech closes.
c. You must have all your safety equipment with you at tech.
24. Timing and scoring.
a. Each competitor will have a pass through the left and right pits.
b. Lowest combined time of both passes will determine placement.
Class 1, 2 and 3:
● No Nitrous.
● No tube chassis.
● Vehicles must be 4-wheel drive.
● Tires cannot be larger than 54” in diameter and must be D.O.T. Street legal with no modifications.
● Suspension modifications are allowed.
Class 4 & 5:
● A fire extinguisher is required and must be mounted within the drivers reach and must be in working order.
● All drivers of alcohol burning racecars must wear an approved fire suit.
● Any tire cutting is allowed.
● Turbochargers, superchargers and nitrous are permitted.
● All Vehicles must have drive shaft loops.
● All vehicles must have an adequate roll bar (cage if open vehicle) and a 4-point harness.
● All automatic transmissions must have a factory floor or equivalent separating the driver from the transmission, an approved transmission blanket, scatter shield or blow proof case.
● Multiple carburetors are allowed.
Management and/or tech officials have final judgment on any vehicles or class. In the event of disqualification there is no refund. Tech officials have the authority to check and inspect any vehicle or person at any time. Bonnier and the tech officials have the authority to modify and change the rule book at any point.
If you have questions, please email Infield Operations