Yokohama Tire’s award-winning GEOLANDAR X-AT extreme all-terrain tire is now available in more sizes. The tiremaker announced 17 new Euro/hard metric sizes will be added to the size lineup to pair with the existing LT-metric sizes. The tire, engineered for pickup trucks, Jeeps and SUVs, will be offered in over 80 sizes total by year’s end, ranging from 15 to 22 inches.
“The Euro/hard-metric sizes allow drivers with a highway all-season tire to upgrade to a more aggressive all-terrain tire with similar load capacity and tire pressure as their OE tire specifications,” said Drew Dayton, Yokohama’s senior product planning manager, consumer tires.”
The GEOLANDAR X-AT is known for offering the ultimate off-road performance without sacrificing any on-road comfort, making it a great performance upgrade for pick-up trucks and SUVs, no matter how or where they’re driven, and features a dual-sidewall design, which allows drivers to choose the appearance they like the best.
The new X-AT Euro/hard metric sizes are backed by a 50,00-mile limited treadwear warranty, while the LT-metric sizes will continue to have a 45,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.
Benefits for the GEOLANDAR X-AT include:
- Over 80 15-inch to 22-inch Euro/hard metric and LT metric sizes, including load range F sizes for heavier carrying capacities.
- Gripping off-road traction is achieved by dynamic, large shoulder blocks that are varied in length to create a biting edge and promote mud- and stone-ejection. Also, the angular center blocks provide extra strength and grip.
- Off-road durability and improved puncture resistance are assured thanks to Yokohama’s GEO-SHIELD technology, which features multiple sidewall plies, a high turn-up carcass and a full nylon cap.
- Long tread life is a lock with Yokohama’s HD2 compound. It’s made of a special triple-polymer blend engineered for reliable long tread life and impressive cut- and chip-resistance.
- A quiet, comfortable ride is guaranteed due to the zig-zag grooves that interrupt airflow to limit pattern and road noise.
For more information on Yokohama's GEOLANDAR X-AT, be sure to check out their website.